- Improve seeding performance with a consistent, fine cut
- Reduce the risk of hair-pinning, toxic chaff and other issues
- Spread residue further and more evenly
- Get the perfect spread to fit your header size
- A sharper cut uses less power, so you can cover more acres more quickly
- Skip vertical tillage and heavy harrowing to finish your field faster
We were extremely happy when the MAV shredded and spread the straw the width of the header and all preparations for seeding in the spring were taken care of. It’s performance was amazing even in tough conditions. By eliminating the need for heavy harrowing and bunching it paid for itself in one year.”
- Tightly spaced, high quality carbide-coated blades
- Straight sharpened reversible blades finely cut straw into uniform sizes
- A new rotating knife bank can help to reduce blade damage from rocks and foreign objects passing through the chopper
- Paddle blades increase chopper air flow, spread width and uniformity in wide body choppers
- Fan blades create air speeds in excess of 160 mph
- Unique tailboard design spreads residue up to 45 feet
UNIFORM SPREADING FROM 20 to 45 feet
The airflow-generating zone uses Redekop’s patented fan blades tucked away outside of the cutting zone. Specially designed shrouds build up air speed around the six fan blades at either end of the rotor.
The MAV generates extra-high velocity air speeds up to 160 mph to blow the finely cut straw and chaff uniformly across the cutterbar width for unmatched spreading performance.
The MAV residue manager allows you to easily fine-tune the spread to match changing field conditions. In the field, the easily adjustable fins and tailboard fine-tune the spread for uniform residue distribution across the width of the cutterbar. Complete replacement choppers feature independent left and right rapid adjustment with Redekop’s exclusive split tailboard design.
MAV PLUS+ OPTION
The MAV Plus+ Option for Redekop complete choppers provides the extra spread needed when using 40+ft headers. All MAV Plus+ rotors run larger 50mm bearings on a forged end rotor which gives all MAV Plus+ choppers extra durability & longevity. MAV Plus+ rotors are fitted with larger tight tolerance fan blades which increase the air velocity up to 150mph and the use of specially scooped tailboard fins to spread the straw the extra distance.